Thursday, March 1, 2018

Lines in Monoprint

I have been experimenting with ways of making line in monoprint techniques. Here is a video of it:


These are studies, starts, experiments, just to see what I can do with these processes. I am working on Cheap Drawing Paper (aka Blick's white sulphite drawing paper), with Golden OPEN acrylics.

Here are some of the results:

Deli paper line (trace monotype) with crayon resist line on gel plate

Same processes as above

Deli paper line with string mask line on gel plate

Deli paper line with crayon and gel print
The GelliArts site has loads and loads of tutorials on monoprints, and on using the gel plate with various media. 

5 comments:

  1. really interesting.
    might give it a try ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it - great windy, snow days here in Canada...
    bethany

    ReplyDelete
  3. your experiments look like real art to me --- I love your work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All my work is experimental, so there isn't a clear line for me between "real" art an experiments. It's more a matter of whether a piece comes to a satisfactory conclusion. The pieces posted above are "starts" or studies or something like that. Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  4. I agree with global; these look like finished work to me, or at least a good start on it. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

I have had some spam comments lately, advertising of stupid stuff. So I am moderating comments until I can figure out a better way to prevent spam. THANKS!